Apex Harmony Lodge (AHL) values volunteers as a key synergistic partner in enriching the life of PWD enabling, empowering and enthuse them to live well. Volunteers contribute in different ways to co-create a nurturing environment and space that is emotionally safe and enabling for Person with dementia (PWD) to be at his or her best.
Similarly, AHL seeks to engage, empower and enthuse volunteers through a variety of opportunities that each will find personal fulfilment and growth as each volunteer journey with PWD. These activities conducted in and outside of the Lodge include:
- Therapy Through Work – co-facilitate PWD to benefit from work as a form of therapy
- Nurturing the Heart – co-facilitate arts-related therapeutic activities which include Sing-A-Long, performing arts, creative arts activities
- Fun & Fit – co-facilitate naturalised fun-filled physical exercises in and out of the Lodge
- Enlivening Minds, Delight Senses – co-facilitate cognitive and sensory stimulation activities or create resources for PwD
- Inter-generation Bonding Programmes ( IGBP ) – co-facilitate IGBP session with students and co-create resources for the session.
- Be a friend – spend the time to listen, connect and perhaps document the unique life story of each PWD celebrate their lives
- Normalised life – bring our PwD to enjoy hawker food, attending baking sessions, organising High Tea Club and singing karaoke.
- Ad-hoc – Participate with us together in our outings with PwD, event fundraising, birthday celebrations for PwD and etc.
- Make the Lodge Runs well – skilled-based such as in harnessing technology to enhance care or operational excellence, maintain the greenery in the Lodge, etc.
Alternatively, you could access the list of opportunities available from this link.