Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]
1. The Lodge looks fine, why do you want to make changes?
While the Lodge still look in reasonable condition, we believe we could further enhance targeted areas and amenities so that the Residents and staff feel proud and good in it. With this, more natural light would stream into the Home, Residents would have personalised bedrooms, and enjoy more spaces for socialising and engagement as well as bringing nature even closer to the Residents.
2. The Lodge looks fine, why do you want to make changes?
Why do now?
3. Where does the money come from?
This investment is purely from donation accumulated over the years. It has not been an easy decision, but the management believes the final outcomes would be worth it.
4. What would be changed in this process?
There are many areas. But here are few examples.
- In the bedroom, there will be more natural light with major revamp to the existing windows. This will also bring about better ventilation. For Level 2 & Level 3, there will be faux balcony and for L1, there is a patio for garden viewing. The flooring would be changed to timber like vinyl sheet. The bed head wall space, wardrobe and pedestals would be changed to make it more homely.
- All en-suite toilets would be revamped to enable a brighter, safer, and fresher homely look for the Residents;
- All nurse stations would be re-configured to an open concept to free up space and encourage greater interaction of Residents;
- The Servery at Level 1 would also adopt an open concept to invite Residents to be engaged in many fruitful activities in this area;
- Revamp of the courtyard garden to enliven the space and;
- Improvements to the main garden with many interesting sights, sound & smell to provide multi-sensory experiences to Residents, and dementia friendly outdoor areas to stimulate Residents cognitively and physiologically
5. During construction, how would our loved ones be affected?
We would ensure that the noise, dust and debris are well-controlled so that our Residents and staff could still be actively involved in their daily activities in a safe and secured place. However it is expected there would be temporary reconfiguration of walkway dependent on the construction phase. Some inconveniences would be expected as activities may be modified accordingly. Visitors to the Lodge should follow clear directional signages that will be put up to help all to proceed to their destinations.
6. With many contractors milling around, how do you ensure adequate safety & security?
Safety and security of our residents and staff is constantly our utmost priority. Our in-house stringent checking including the protection of Residents’ privacy is in place and we would be working closely with the contractors and safety officer. If you note any areas for improvement, we would appreciate your quick feedback to us.